In addition to the state criteria, applications will be evaluated using the following review criteria:
• Proposed projects must benefit the residents of Easthampton.
• Projects must be well planned: including appropriate support materials detailing a specified date, time, and location; a strong publicity strategy; and a well-planned adjustment for the project if the council is unable to fund the entire amount requested.
• Projects must further the diversity in Easthampton's programming in the arts, humanities, and interpretive sciences, i.e. engaging a population with cultural needs within the community or supporting diverse forms of cultural activities within the community.
• Where appropriate, projects should demonstrate community support (i.e. if you are planning to present your project in a public space, the grant application must include letters of support or commitment to use the space; if your project is to benefit a particular group, include letters of support from that group.)
• Projects must occur Jan. – Dec. of the calendar year following the October application deadline and be reimbursed within 12 months of receipt if the acceptance letter.
• Applicants who have received funding from the council in the past should not assume they will receive the same funding from prior cycles.
• If supplemental materials cannot be uploaded to or exceed the file limit of the online application portal, they may be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org by or before October 15 deadline.
• For more information, please visit our Facebook page.
• For the MCC guidelines, visit the "LCC Program Guidelines" tab.
In addition to local and Massachusetts Cultural Council guidelines, ECC is looking for grant applications that utilize Easthampton spaces and resources. Applications, however, will not be denied solely on this funding priority and will be evaluated based on local guidelines and those outlined by the Massachusetts Cultural Council.